Wednesday, February 01, 2006

pressure in the Lord's house

my pastor asked me on sunday if i wouldn't mind preparing something to say to the church this coming sunday about the ways the Lord has been working in my life. i was at the same time both honored and confused by such a request. its not everyday that the pastor asks someone to discuss this on a personal level with the congregation but at the same time a part of me felt like i was an unlikely candidate for such a discussion. surely there are people in my church who can talk about what the Lord is doing for them better than i can. surely they have more interesting stories of grandeur than mine. but my pastor feels i'm qualified for the task and so i guess i can't let him down, huh?

its been a while since i've given a speech, or stood in front of a public audience and professed something. so i'm a little nervous. and a part of me is worried i will say the wrong thing, or interpret something wrong, or not have enough support. go me, still feeling like i'm giving a presentation in college or presenting a psych poster in front of a hundred really important PIs who know a hundred times more than me. but its true. when it comes the realm of religion all i know is how i feel, basically. sure it will be really easy for me to make a bulleted list "the Lord is working in my life in this way this way and this way" but i am not at the point where i am able to pull out my bible and open to the Psalms or Gospels and reference how that supports it (i still can't even pull out my bible and locate the appropriate gospel in the appropriate testament). and because of these reasons i'm slightly intimidated to get up in front of all these people who have found their faith long before i have, who live as much better Christians than me, who are a million times more conservative than my liberal minded self and talk about only what my heart is feeling.

and so i ask for your prayers as i prepare whatever it is i decide i'm going to say this sunday. and maybe, perhaps if you feel so inclined, share some way the Lord has been working in your life recently (i promise i won't steal it as my own...) as some encouragement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home