Tuesday, January 17, 2006

ode to my friends. by amanda

i thought maybe i'd spent all post gushing about how completely fabulous my boyfriend is, but greg assured me he would kick my ass if i did such a thing and lets be honest, i never even liked it when my friends did it in their away messages let alone me do it in my blog. so i decided instead to gush about how fantastically wonderful my FRIENDS are. if you are not a friend of mine, i appologize. this blog is going to suck for you. eh, it might suck even if you are my friend though.

there are holidays i detest. valentines day and new years for one. i've never had a steller time on either one of those days. but my birthday, well my birthday has always pretty much kicked ass. maybe i'm just easy to please but it seems like everything aligns every year on january 16th. this year was no different thanks to all the lovely people in my life.

my weekend started out with a shopping trip by margaret and myself. we found awesome country themed t-shirts on sale for $4! and cowboy hats to match. see photo below for our themed attire. off to saddle ridge we went to celebrate in style the birthday's of amanda, maria and greg where i picked up on two line dances and am so excited about the prospect of returning to test out my new dancing skills. many props to the crew who once again did not allow for a boring or uneventful evening.

saturday was more low key (aside from the 6 hours of work i had to do). greg and i collected janice and drove out to the mills to meet tom for 18 holes of indoor glow in the dark mini golf. as usual a good time was had with greg and tom and the addition of janice complimented them quite nicely. then we made a trip to houlihans to pay margy a visit.

sunday. see any of margy's sunday posts for a synopsis of the mood on sunday. church was wonderful as always and a fellowship hour followed to celebrated a member turning 90. and let me just say that for 90 she still has her head on straight. i can only hope to be that with it when i'm 90. after church margaret and i went to greg's to watch the steelers game in peace and quiet. WOW steelers! that's all i have to say. i may have jumped on the bandwagon after sunday's game. we ate some pizza and had some wine and cookies and greg gave us his best impression of his downstairs neighbor's annoying hacking cough. usual sunday night festivities with janice, and this semester margaret too!

birthday morning commenced with a wake up call from boyfriend wishing me happy birthday shortly followed by phone call from parents wishing me happy birthday, then best friend wishing me happy birthday. this is all before the hour of 10am. i love you people with all my heart but let a girl sleep in on her day off! the day progressed with some laundry and a target and old navy run. PS the WHOLE store of old navy is on sale for like a gazzillion percent off. birthday songs were sung to me by neighbor lori, fellow birthday boy greg, and trav who just moved his voice up and down with words ala will ferrell in elf style. many more phone calls followed and i'm touched that all of you remembered and thought of me as i enter this harrowing stage of my midtwenties (but no one remembered to get me a pony). Greg picked me up for a suprise dinner at PF changs followed by dessert at cold stone. He completely threw me for a loop when he led me to the movie theatre and made me keep my eyes closed until we got in so i wouldn't know we were seeing 'walk the line' until it started. and did i mention he got me the most thoughtful gift ever? but you'll have to ask me about it if you want to know what it is. okay, so i gushed on greg a little bit. i promise i'm done now.

so here's the deal. i have wonderful wonderful people in my life and if i ever complain about being lonely please kick me in the face and tell me i'm stupid. thanks.

you all are bored arent you? yeah, well that's why i've provided links for you on the side now isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home