Tuesday, December 13, 2005

look into my crystal ball and i will tell you what you've seen

today's blog was inspired by an entry in november on chad's blog.

visit futureme.org and write yourself a letter to be delivered to your email at any date in the future you choose. the main purpose of this site is to be a sort of internet time capsule. established in 2002 it has already delivered many emails to patient people anxiously wanting to remember what their hopes, dreams, thoughts, worries of the past were. if you are like me you keep a journal. maybe like me you are bad at it, maybe unlike me you update it regualrly. if you are like me you have a blog, and you try to update it regularly but maybe that doesn't always happen. if you keep a journal and are like me you frequently look back on older entries and find it hard to believe that those very thoughts were in your head at that time. but i tend to write in my journal at night before bed. and most of the time i'm simply too tired to take the time to write everything out that is on my mind. how great would it be if you could keep a journal electronically, in essence send an email to yourself periodically, knowing that it would be sealed until your designated time? its like a blog, only private...kinda.

i honestly hope that if i email myself, i will look back on it in 5 years and breathe a sigh of relief that my self-published worries were fruitless. i guess i'll just have to wait until 2010 to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home