Tuesday, January 10, 2006

down with doba



i've recently decided that chipotle is about 8 times better than qdoba. i know that as a wisconsin alum this is pretty much the ultimate faux pas to say being that qdoba is open until 3am and fed many a hungry drunk mouth among my circle of alcoholic friends but its true. though i think it has something to do with the meat. chipotle's chicken just tastes fresher. less burned. well today i was given one more reason to prefer chipotle over qdoba. ames sent a community email to kel and myself this morning discussing how she had not had mexican food in chicago until last night with the exception of chipotle. of the course the mention of the delectable word sent my salivary glands into a tizzy in pure classical conditioning mode and i decided i must have chipotle for lunch. unfortunately the state of pennsylvania has not caught on to the greatness of many things like noodles, chins, and of course chipotle so i had to settle for second best qdoba. but, as the following story clearly supports, chipotle or no chipotle, i will not be patroning qdoba for some time.

1:10pm-walk into qdoba. there is a line. line is not moving.
1:17pm-order food. food girl does not hear my order correctly. is fully prepared to give me beans. gross.
1:18pm-told by food lady that they are waiting on my veggies to sautee. will be finished shortly.
1:18pm-another food lady puts salsa and cheese and sour cream on naked fajita and puts it back at veggie station to await more veggies.
1:19pm-strange food man, who is OBVIOUSLY new and CLUELESS, begins to remove my naked fajita and bring it to the register. i lean over the glass and kindly explain to him that i'm waiting for veggies.
1:20pm-veggies just about finished. strange food man takes the wrong veggies (think squash and zuchinni) and puts them on fajita while i open my mouth and utter in slow motion "nooooooooooo." idiot. wrong vegetables. food man procceeds to pick off wrong vegetables and replace with right vegetables. and surely he was unable to s uccessfully remove all.
1:21pm-i pay for my food, which is getting cold by this point.
1:21pm-i go to utensil station. no forks. how does one eat a naked burrito with no fork? i tell clerk at register who screams to someone in the back to retrieve forks.
1:22pm-fork guy comes to my rescue. however while in the middle of retrieving forks random dude from oakland comes in and strikes up conversation. fork guy leaves me high and dry, no fork, cold food.
1:25pm. finally have fork. have found table. begin eating food. food sucks. and i can still taste the wrong vegetables that are on it. and its cold.

no doba. for a long time. period.

decided to go to mcdonalds to get myself an oreo mcflurry to help me feel better about my lunch expedition. apparently the pedal thingie that they use to blend it must have been pushed under something. so the woman gets down on all fours ont eh floor and pulls it out. then proceeds to finish my mcflurry, without first washing her hands. ewww. when she gave it to me there were lots of oreo chunks on top leading me to believe she did not mix it well. when i pulled the top off and put my spoon in the cookie bits got all over my desk. greg informed me that mcdonalds is basically just packaged garbage anyway. but i like mcflurrys (insert whiny voice here). i think maybe its just God telling me to stop eating crap. well God, point noted. thanks much.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Maria said...

I updated! Don't cry. Not a fun update, though. It's a tad academic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home