Friday, December 16, 2005

"monster" in reverse?

and now for blog #2.

i was walking home last night at around 6:30 from the bus. its a short walk, maybe 10 minutes tops with the ice covered sidewalks (we've already established people in my neighborhood don't take care of this stuff). there is a female walking about 10 yards behind me and we are both walking as fast as we can without falling on the ice. i'm about 2 houses away from my house when i hear a car pulling up behind me. i hear someone roll down the window and say something to the female behind me. "no thank you" she repies. two seconds later the car pulls up along side me. rolls down window. a female driver leans over her male or female passenger (i can't really tell) and asks me if i need a ride. i do what i've been taught to do in random situations such as these and just keep walking. car keeps driving beside me, woman keeps asking if i need a ride. finally i look at her and say bluntly, "no." and off they drive. in my head i'm thinking "if i had gotten in the car with her where would she have taken me? what kind of crazy cult would they bring me to? how many husbands would i have to please? what if one little word, no, was the difference between me seeing the comfort of my friendship apartment or the inside of some satanic worship ground?" jessi thinks she was just trying to be nice. but even charlize theron pulled off playing a convict who recieved the death penalty, she even won an oscar for it. i guess my mommy always told me never to talk to strangers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home